Tuesday 31 May 2011

Turning 20...

This week my mother turns 50 and my Father-in-Law turns 60.  I hope you guys don't mind that I just posted your ages!  As I laid in bed last night suffering a short bout of insomnia I was thinking about them both and the parties we will be celebrating this coming weekend.  It reminded me of when I turned 20.

 For some reason or another I dreaded turning 20.  It seems so silly to me now, but it's true.  I was literally stressed about the whole ordeal!  (I tend to stress out about very silly things...likely the source of my Crohn's, haha!)  I think it was because I knew so many things were going to happen in the coming 10 years.  Reg and I were in a serious relashionship at that point in time, so I knew we would be getting married, and I knew we'd (hopefully...depending on my Crohn's situation which was very active at the time)  be having kids.  I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30.  Mostly I think I was stressed because I'd be leaving childhood behind and be moving into a new stage of my life - adulthood. 

Everything I was stressed about happening happend.  There have been some moments over the past 9 years that were definatley worth stressing for - getting married and planning a wedding ( I NEVER want to do that again!!) a Crohn's flareup that led to my second surgery, the death of my Grandfather, 2 pregnancies (which thankfully went smooth as silk) the birth of Holden (which involved a few hiccups) and the birth of Axton (which involved LOTS of hiccups, including him having a stroke and stay in the NICU), and I'm sure there have been many other stresses too!

I have not been alone, not even once throughout any of these situations.  I certainly couldn't have gotten through any of it without my Lord!  One of my favourite verses is 2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I am not nearly as stressed to turn 30 as I was to turn 20.  Perhaps it's because I've learned, through all of these things, that I am not alone in this life - God will carry me through!  When I am weak, that's when He is strong!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's fine to post my age!! :) I'm enjoying your blog and am proud to have a daughter who has been and continues to be spiritually teachable!!

    ReplyDelete